Ventura County Library Foundation
Gift Acceptance Policy
Adopted February 5, 2015
The Ventura County Library Foundation (VCLF) is a 501(c)(3) and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission and that supports its core projects as well as special projects that have approval from the VCLF Board.
When considering whether to solicit or accept gifts, the organization will consider the following factors:
- Whether the acceptance of the gift compromises any of the core values of VCLF.
- Whether there is compatibility between the intent of the donor and the organization’s use of the gift.
- Whether acceptance of the gift would damage the reputation of VCLF.
- Whether the primary benefit would be to VCLF rather than the donor.
- Would acceptance of this gift consistent with VCLF’s prior practice?
- Is the gift offered in a form that VCLF can use without incurring substantial expense or difficulty?
- Will the gift encourage or discourage future gifts?
All decisions to solicit and/or accept potentially controversial gifts will be made by the Ventura County Library Foundation Board.